Although Melamine dinnerware can last up to several years, heavy use of these tableware at restaurants, cafeterias and even in your home can lose its luster and may need to be replaced.
Use the ⅓ Method
Melamine bowls, plates or any melamine tableware that are in continuous use has the risk of having a short life span. To make sure you’re not putting your dinnerware investment at risk, your dinnerware should be cycled through the following recommended process of having 1/3 of your bowls in use, 1/3 being cleaned, and 1/3 in rest.
Read Food and Safety Logo
Make sure to read the food and safety logo at the back of the plate and follow the instructions and right usage of the tableware. An example is the dishwasher-safe logo and not microwave-friendly logo.
Proper Care & Maintenance
Proper care & maintenance guidelines should always be followed to retain and protect your melamineware for possible breakage and early replacement.
To extend the life of your melamine dinnerware, try following these simple guidelines:
- Do not use serrated knives on melamine products.
- Do not use melamine products in a conventional and microwave oven.
- Do not use chlorine bleach or any acidic food/substance on melamine products.
- Do not use harsh abrasive cleaners, steel wool, or metal scouring pads on melamine products.
- Do not intentionally throw your melamine plates.
- For safe scrubbing, use a light-duty white scrubbing pad.
- If you need to soak your melamine products before putting them in the dishwasher, use a high-quality pre-soak dishwashing detergent.
- Hand-washing is recommended to keep it looking its best.
The Plate Story brings safe and shatterproof tableware with exquisite designs for families with young kids. Our tableware is checked rigorously for quality and sent periodically for food contact safety tests. We focus on our tableware quality and safety so you can focus on the rest.
If you want to know more, you can download our maintenance guidelines here.
Ready to purchase your melamine dinnerware? Click here to see our best-selling melamine plates!