Hello there, food enthusiasts and fellow dessert lovers!
I'm a home baker enthusiast! As we gather to celebrate the joyous occasion of Raya Haji, what better way to indulge in the festivities than with a delectable tea time treat?
"Today get ready to dive into something different ~ the mouthwatering world of Cucur Jawa, also known as Panyaram and Kuih Topi."
1 cup flour
1 cup rice flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
A pinch of salt
1 cup of water (add a bit of hot water if the mixture becomes thick)
Sweet Syrup: Our journey begins by creating a delightful sweet syrup that will infuse our Cucur Jawa with irresistible flavors.
- In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and 1 cup of water.
- Heat the mixture until the sugars are completely dissolved.
- Once done, filter the syrup to remove any impurities, and let it cool to room temperature.
Batter Preparation: Now, let's move on to the heart of our dessert—the tantalizing batter.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, rice flour, salt, and sugar from the sweet syrup we prepared earlier.
- Stir the ingredients well, ensuring they are thoroughly incorporated.
- Next, pour the sweet syrup into the mixture and continue stirring until you achieve a smooth batter.
- Let the batter rest for 5 hours at room temperature or overnight in the fridge. If you find the batter too thick, you can add a little hot water to achieve the desired consistency.
Cooking Process: It's time to infuse your kitchen with the irresistible aroma of freshly cooked Cucur Jawa!
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- The exact amount of oil required may vary, so I recommend checking out my video guide for a visual reference.
- Take a spoonful of the batter and carefully drop it into the pan. Allow the batter to cook for a while until a ring appears around the cucur.
- Sprinkle some oil around the cucur to help it rise beautifully.
- Then, gently flip the cucur over and cook for a little while longer until both sides are golden brown and crispy.
Repeat this process with the remaining batter, ensuring not to overcrowd the pan.
Shop our serve ware dish tray for Raya Haji
The crispy exterior combined with the sweet, aromatic flavors will undoubtedly leave everyone wanting more.
"Wishing you a memorable and delicious Raya Haji filled with love, laughter and the sweetness of Cucur Jawa!"
Home Baker, @nurui_pan
Basic Artisan Sourdough Online Class
Our serving ware dish tray is currently available with a 15% discount.
Use discount code: TPSNURUI15